Sunday, June 1, 2014

General Tso's Spicy Chicken

Proverbs 1
30 “They would not accept my counsel,
They spurned all my reproof.
31 “So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way
And be satiated with their own devices.

What's the worst thing you've ever made for dinner?   I tried to make my favorite chinese food one time: General Tso's Chicken.  It's spicy.  It's sweet.  I love it. Except when I make it.  My version turned into this chicken covered in an almost impenetrable goo, with a spiciness that was off the charts.  Fail. Major disgusting fail.  Why was it so awful?  I didn't follow the recipe.

God gives us the recipe for a good life. He tells us exactly how to live happy, live peacefully, and how to walk with him.  Why do we end up eating "Impenetrable Goo Chicken" instead of General Tso's Chicken?  We don't accept his council, we spurn his reproof, and try to freestyle on a recipe that he's already perfected.  So if you went off track last week and ended up with goo, start fresh for this one.  I'm praying that God will help us all in following him, and following the recipe he's left us.  Above all else, remember that Jesus stands in the gap for us.  Jesus doesn't fail when we do.  He's the one who gets us through.  Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment