Monday, June 30, 2014

What do you Want?

Proverbs 30
7 Two things I asked of You,
Do not refuse me before I die:

If you had to write it down; If Jesus showed up right now beside you and said, “Ask anything of me, and I’ll give it to you,” what would you ask for? Take 5 minutes or take 5 days if you need to, but write it down. I read in the book of James today about asking, too. James tells us we don’t have because we don’t ask. He goes on to say that a lot of times we don’t ask because we either know that it’s against God’s will or we think it is.

So, my thought today is, “What do I want?” What do I really want? You see, when you know what you want, you know what’s important to you, and you get a clear picture of your priorities. Second, we have a God that longs to give to us. He gave us even his own Son. I believe that according to his word, that if he gave us the best in all of history, the best of all that is or will be, that he’ll also give to us freely smaller things. In human terms, if you’re able, and you joyfully give your child a multi million dollar mansion (so joyfully that you hire hosts of choirs to sing about it and go out of your way to provide the absolute best of the best), would you refuse them something as mundane as a candy bar, or a lawn mower, or a car?

To put it in God terms, if God gave us his most precious gift, his Son, (and gave it in extravagant manner complete with angelic choirs, signs in the heavens, and etc) will he not freely give us lesser things according to his will when we ask? What do you want? Ask him for it. Last night my wife asked to be healed, and she was, and she took our puppy for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment