Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lowes, Home Depot, and God

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

I like to thing I’m a pretty handy guy. I like fixing things. I can fix computers. I’m ok at fixing stuff around the house and getting better at it. I could easily walk around the hardware store for an hour just checking stuff out. I’m a DIY (Do It Yourself) kind of guy. I like being able to fix something rather than replacing it. An honestly, I like that I don’t have to pay someone else to fix it or replace it for me. I like being able to handle it myself and not depend on anyone else to get something fixed or running again.

But am I doing the same thing in my relationship with God? His word tells us to trust in Him with all our heart, and lean not on our understanding. His word says to acknowledge Him, thereby acknowledging our own weakness. His word says to not be wise in our own eyes. Now don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing wrong with fixing that old washing machine or patching a hole in the drywall. But God isn’t a DIY kind of God. He’s a DIWG “Do It With God” kind of God. Let’s make Him a part of everything we do today, and see what He does. Maybe he’ll make our paths straight. Maybe He’ll bless us. Maybe He’ll teach us. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll walk with Him and he’ll walk with us. DIWG and have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment