Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Have a Smoothie

Proverbs 11
5 The righteousness of the blameless will smooth his way,
But the wicked will fall by his own wickedness.

Life is hard; there’s no question about that: sickness, disease, death, weeds sprouting up in your work and fields, conflict, and valleys. Today’s verse reminded me of how much harder life was without Jesus. Sure, life can still be hard. But when I think back on how my life was before Jesus caught me, and how it is now, there’s no real comparison.

Even on the worst days now, I’m never forsaken, I’m never left alone, I always have a comforter. Even on my worst depression induced valley, Jesus is there. When I feel like I can’t go on, Jesus is there. When I feel like it’s all pointless, that I’ll never be what he created me to be and that I should just give up the fight and sin away- Jesus is there. Today, choose to exercise your righteousness (righteousness of faith in Jesus), and let God smooth your path. Your path may be tough; it may go straight up a rocky mountain. But, with him, it can be smooth and free from rocks that will trip us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment