Friday, June 27, 2014

Promises Promises

James 1
12 Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Promises.  I promised a lot when I was a kid.  "I promise I won't do that again."  Yeah, that was never true.  Now that I'm a man, I realize that my word means something, or should mean something.  I want my word and my promises to have weight, and not be the light fluffy stuff of childhood.  You see a promise is only as good as the person making the promise.  A promise from my wife has a lot more weight than the promise of a stranger or someone I work with.  

The Lord has made us promises, and that means more than the promise of men.  I don't know what kind of week you've had, whether a week of trial or blessing, but I do know that the Lord himself has promised to never leave you nor forsake you.  He's promised a crown of life to those that keep the faith.  He's promised to stick closer than a brother.  Rest well in his promises.  His word is true and will come through for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment