Sunday, June 15, 2014

Like a Wrecking Ball

Proverbs 25
25 The Lord will tear down the house of the proud,
But He will establish the boundary of the widow.

I read a news story recently where this lady down in Florida was having some trouble with her neighbors, and decided to take matters into her own hands. Her neighbors liked to party, be loud, play loud music. I guess one day that little switch in her head finally just flipped. So, she comes up with an idea. She calls a heavy machinery company and hires a bulldozer and operator. Bulldozes the neighbors house while they’re out for a few hours. They get back right as the bulldozer is finishing off the house. Pandemonium ensues.

Being proud has the same effect with the Lord. Like a wrecking ball, he’ll tear down the house of the proud. I don’t want him tearing down my house when I’m out running errands or going to work. I don’t want him to flatten my family because we didn’t acknowledge him in all we do. But notice that if we are humble, if we turn to him to supply all our needs, God himself will establish our boundaries. We won’t have to hustle to get a leg up. It won’t be a struggle to make due. He will be our provider. That sounds like a really good deal. So, Lord, break through my pride. Help me to take a wrecking ball to my pride, that you would be my provider and that you would establish our boundaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment