Thursday, June 19, 2014

How to Be a Good Man

Proverbs 19
22 What is desirable in a man is his kindness,
And it is better to be a poor man than a liar.

How to be a good man. There’s a lot of commentary on manhood, manliness, and even if it’s needed in this day and age. Do a Google search of manliness (with the content filter on) and you’ll see all kinds of opinions on what makes a man a good man, and what being a man really is. Some opinions range from the modern rendition- get all the money, sex, and fun you can get, to the more traditional renditions- honor, strength, and providing for others.

But what does the word of God say? Do you want to be known as a good man? Be kind. Do you want to be a man among men? Keep your word.  I know I try to make it complicated.  I think I have to do this and that, and be able to provide this and that for my family.  But in the end, what they really need is a good man, not a busy man or a richer man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment