Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gardening

Proverbs 22
9 He who is generous will be blessed,
For he gives some of his food to the poor.

My Mommaw Lopez had a garden when I was a kid. She babysat me a bit when I was a little kid, so I spent a good bit of time in her garden. Ok, funny story. I was very allergic to gnats when I was a kid. Me ears would swell up, my eyes would swell shut. I’d be playing, and working in the garden, then boom. I’m like Will Smith in Hitch, all swollen up and zonked on Benedryl.

 Funny thing about a garden, though. You plant corn, and corn grows. You plant peas, and peas grow. In life, if you plant generosity, blessings grow. I hope you’re able to plant generosity this week, and that the seeds sprout, and grow to maturity-blessings for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment