Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Joys of Owning a Puppy

Proverbs 10
12 Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all transgressions.

Ah, the joys of owning a puppy. We bought a dog yesterday. Let me say this first: I love dogs. I think dogs are great, but, I know that dogs, especially puppies, can be a LOT of work. Last night, Jamie and I were reintroduced to the joys of a puppy’s small bladder and his needing to go outside about once every hour.

If my neighbors woke me up every hour to tell me they were going to the bathroom, I’d probably call the police. If my boss called me once an hour starting at about 10:30pm just to say he was going to the bathroom, I’d seriously consider having him evaluated.

But this puppy? Love covers all transgressions. We didn’t yell at him. We’re not sending him back. Why? Cause I love my daughter and she’s the happiest little girl in the world right now because she finally got a puppy. I love her, so I put up with multiple late night dog requests. Love covers all transgressions. Love the people, and pets, in your life today.  Jesus loves you and he died to cover all your transgressions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment