Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Junk Food

Proverbs 18
20 With the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach will be satisfied;
He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.

Junk food. We live in a junk food society. And I admit it; I’m a sucker for baked goods. Cookies, brownies, cakes, and pies. Oh my. The number one diseases for our country are by and large caused by what we eat. They’re caused by what satisfies us.

This verse got me thinking. What kind of fruit am I producing from my words? Is the fruit of my mouth wholesome and healthy? By that, I mean this: I don’t cuss, but do I bless? Do I speak negatively about myself and about others? Do I have encouraging words and ‘bible word’ for people? Or do I gossip? Do I spread negativity? Do I curse myself and those I love by the fruit of my mouth?

The bible warns and encourages over and over about the power of our words. So, I encourage you today to eat healthy from the fruit of your mouth. Pass up the junk food words of gossip and negativity. When we get our words right, we’re feeding our hearts and our minds and our families the right kind of sustenance, and we’ll be stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment