Tuesday, June 24, 2014

How to Build a House

Proverbs 24
3 By wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
4 And by knowledge the rooms are filled
With all precious and pleasant riches.

Have you ever watched a construction crew build a house or a building? My dad is king of remodeling his house. He’s remodeled it to one degree or another a half a dozen times. Let me tell you, you can’t just hand any Joe Shmoe a hammer and nails and expect him to build a livable house. It takes knowledge and wisdom to build or renovate a house that’s livable and up to code.

I believe the same things are true for spiritual and emotional building. I want to provide a godly and loving family for my wife and kids. I’m not a very wealthy man, but I can provide a house, a family, with pleasant rooms and precious riches by walking with Jesus and obeying his word. I don’t have to be the strongest man on the block, the most handsome, the richest, or the most powerful. I just have to follow Jesus, and walk in his word. Today is a new day. If your week is off to a good start, continue building on that in Jesus. If yesterday was a disaster, give it to Jesus and start building fresh today. I’m praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment