Friday, June 20, 2014

The Chicago Cubs

Proverbs 20
9 Who can say, “I have cleansed my heart,
I am pure from my sin”?

The Chicago Cubs. One of the clearest memories I have of my Pappaw Ellis is going over to their apartment with my mom, and he’d be sitting in his chair watching a Cubs game on WGN. I’ve never been much of a “watching sports on TV guy.” I’ve played baseball and football, and I love going to baseball games and watching a live game. He never talked much about baseball with me, but he was always watching it. There are a few things I could count on when I was a kid and we went to their apartment: 1. Mommaw Ellis had the best snacks. 2. Pappaw Ellis would be watching the Cubs play if at all possible.

Ask any Cubs fan and they’ll be quick to tell you, “Nobody bats 1,000.” Nobody gets it right all the time. Matter of fact, in baseball, if you can hit the ball 3-4 times for every 10 at bats, you’re a superstar, a hall of fame contender, you’re golden. It’s Friday. I don’t know what kind of week you’ve had. Maybe you’ve had a great week. Maybe you really messed stuff up. Nobody is perfect. But, we have a redeemer, a purifier, in Christ Jesus. Finish the week as strong as you can, and give it to him. Don’t focus on the failures, but on the WayMaker. I’m praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment