Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Eulogy Building vs Resume Building

Hey, folks.  Just a side thought here.  I recently read an article, and the thesis really stuck with me.  In the article, the author postulated that most of us live our lives to build our resumes, but that if we really thought about it, we should instead be living our lives in a way to build our eulogies and provide good material for folks to share at our funerals. 

This thought is really sticking with me and my mind just can't let it go, so I thought I'd share it here.  I've made a lot of resume decisions: building skills, getting a "better" job, working late and coming in early, and etc, but, how many eulogy decisions have I made?  How many could I make in a day, in a month, or in a year?  How can I, as a young dad, husband, and provider, transition from a Resume mindset to a Eulogy mindset? 

No comments:

Post a Comment