Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Acceptance

Proverbs 9
2 She has prepared her food, she has mixed her wine;
She has also set her table;

Our puppy died yesterday. It is sad, and tragic in every sense of the word. My daughter loved that little puppy like it was her own little baby, and now he’s gone, and honestly I want to help her so much. I want to be able to take the weight she’s carrying, and carry it for her. I want to give her peace and comfort. I want to give her the life she had before the accident occurred, before her heart was broken.

I can’t help but think that God feels the same way when he looks at us. I can’t help but think he must feel exactly like I feel when I look into the big green eyes of my daughter and see the pain and the hurt behind them. We try to comfort her, but she won’t accept, at least for now, that accidents happen.

Wisdom prepared lavish food and drink, and set a table from which we could live well. Wisdom made the preparations, but we have to respond, we have to accept, in order to enjoy what’s been prepared for us. In the same way, God made preparations for us. In his infinite wisdom, he saw the pain, the hurt, the burden that we all would be carrying around. He looked in our eyes and saw the shame and guilt.

He prepared a way to take our heavy burden, our guilt, our shame, our pain. He prepared a way for us to have life, and have it more abundantly. He prepared a way for us to have peace even in the worst storms of life. He prepared Jesus just for you and me. Just as we have to respond and accept wisdom’s call and invitation, we must also, if we’re to free ourselves from sin and the heavy weight that comes with it, accept God’s call and the preparations he made through the sacrifice of his Son.

I’m not God. I can’t take away Kaili’s hurt. I can’t restore the peace and joy she had before. But God can. And he can do the same for you. I’m hoping that you, and Kaili experience the fullness of His peace and comfort today through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment