Thursday, July 3, 2014

The God of Little and Lots

Proverbs 3
9 Honor the Lord from your wealth
And from the first of all your produce;
10 So your barns will be filled with plenty
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

I remember as a kid, my mom taught me about tithing. I’d get a little bit of money for my allowance, and she taught me how to figure out how much to tithe and all that. I’ve tithed on every paycheck I’ve ever had: from my first job as a teenager to my current job in IT.

Some of my paychecks have been pretty meager. Does that matter to God? Does he honor my larger tithe checks more than he did my small checks? No. He honored the Widow’s two copper coins above the lavish gifts of the rich. He honored my tithe when it wasn’t much, and blessed us abundantly. I guess the though that I get from this verse is that God doesn’t care about the amount, it’s about the act and obedience. It’s about honoring God first. Whether your 10% is a lot or a little, when you honor God with it, he will bless you. He is true to his word. I’m praying that today your vats will overflow and your fields provide you with plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment