Friday, July 11, 2014

Investments

Proverbs 11
19 He who is steadfast in righteousness will attain to life,
And he who pursues evil will bring about his own death.

I remember the first 401k I contributed to. Make no mistake about it, I know next to nothing about stocks and mutual funds. The performance of that account bears witness to it. This was before the great recession, and it appeared from my statement that I was just giving money away. It was bad.

We all make investments every day. Every minute that goes by, every word that’s read, every word that’s spoken, and every relationship is an investment. God’s word tells us that we’ll reap what we sow. If we invest righteousness, we’ll reap it and vice versa. Today’s verse is another reminder: Dump those stocks that don't line up with righteousness, and invest heavily in God’s heavenly accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment