Monday, July 14, 2014

Fountains

Proverbs 14
27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life,
That one may avoid the snares of death.

Chocolate fountains. Fruit punch fountains. But, there’s something about little kids and water fountains. My kids love to get a drink from a water fountain. Stores, parks, schools- all are ripe fields for some sweet water fountain goodness. I remember when I was a kid, one of the coolest things about school was that they had water fountains. I don’t know, for kids, there just seems to be something magical about it.

So, whenever I see the word fountain, my mind automatically goes back to grade school and water fountains and how my kids just can’t seem to pass one up. Fear of the Lord is a fountain. It’s not a chocolate fountain; it’s not a punch fountain. It’s something way better. A fountain of life. Too often, I think I’m content with a little trickle of life, when what God wants for me, and what Jesus provides, is a gushing living fountain of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment