Friday, May 23, 2014

Terminator or Protector?

For as he thinks within himself, so he is.
He says to you, “Eat and drink!”
But his heart is not with you.

Terminator 2. If you can grab the censored for TV version of the movie, you could do worse than T2.  For those that don't know, the terminator was a robot sent from the future that looks like a human being.  The terminator from the first movie is back, but instead of trying to kill the main characters, he's there to protect them. 

It's the exact same model robot.  All the insides and capabilities are exactly the same.  But the outcome is completely different.  Why?  They changed his programming.  They changed the way he thinks, and his actions were completely different.  Solomon says, "as he thinks within himself, so he is."  I've noticed that when I'm at my worst, my thoughts are farthest from God.  When I'm at my best, my thoughts aren't focused on myself, or others, or on things, but on God.   Terminator or Protector?  I think the difference is in what you focus on and what you think about.  Focus on Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment