Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Nemesis: The Alarm Clock

Proverbs 27
14 He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning,
It will be reckoned a curse to him.

The alarm clock. If you could travel back in time and pick a fight with anyone, who would you choose? My vote: the guy who invented the alarm clock. Just kidding. Mostly. I’ve been out of town since Friday. It was amazing: 4 days with my wife and kids, fishing, kayaking, clean mountain air, mountains & trees, seeing my brother and parents, lots of good food, no phone, no TV, no internet, and most importantly- no alarm clocks.

Today is the first day back from vacation, and the greeting I get this morning is from the alarm clock. It was a bit of a jolt. It’s good that I got to work on time, but man, it was a rude awakening this morning.  And that got me thinking when I saw this verse. Getting to work on time is good. Blessings are good. There are things and actions that can be good, but done unwisely, they are received as bad things. Evaluate the best time and way to bless those in your life. One size doesn’t fit all.

No comments:

Post a Comment